I think I need new center differential :(
Looking at it now, there’s actually quite a handful of things I need to fix in the Impreza. : \ I’m not complaining about the problems, I’m more upset at myself for not being more prepared to handle all of this, with a decent paying job anyway. (NTS: FINISH PORTFOLIO - It’ll benefit me AND my car!)
- Starter - Leaving my car out in the open is bad enough, but it’ll get worse in winter. Starts will probably get rough and I’ll definitely need a new one since it already takes 2-3 cranks too many to turn the Impreza on.
- Center Differential is going - Tires slip sometimes under acceleration while turning; more so on tighter turns than anything though, but slipping nonetheless.
- Humming in engine bay - It’s not the ABS, a mechanic said it could be the intake taking in a huge amount of air, but I feel that it’s something else.
- Shifter bushings are gone - When clutched in, the shifter doesn’t always stick to the middle of the gear selectors like a regular car, rather, it’s kind of weighted towards gears 1 & 2.
- Rear Differential seems like it’s on the way out too - Again, with the tires slipping, but when reversing into my parking spot at home, it just slips on the smallest, probably 5* incline.
- New all season tires - This will be my worry for next spring since I’ll be saving for winters come late August / early September.
- Winter Tires - With the differentials the way they are, I want to be able to get the most traction I can with the tires, especially in these Canadian winters.
But I wouldn’t trade my GC8 for anything else :)